A UNIQUE EXPERIMENT IN STARTUP ACCELERATION
BORDERLESS is a bootcamp-style acceleration program for international and immigrant entrepreneurs, designed to be a fast-paced, immersive look into Silicon Valley.
two WEEKS IN SILICON VALLEY
Founders will network, co-work, and participate in an intensive two weeks of programming, workshops, and mentorship during their stay, including a one-day BORDERLESS SUMMIT among hundreds of attendees.
Up to 15 gLOBAL FOUNDERS
Each founder represents a different country, or region, bringing unique perspectives, questions and ideas to the collective.
under one roof
Entrepreneurs stay together under one roof in the heart of San Francisco, allowing them to immerse themselves into the ecosystem as a community.
Summer 2018 borderless: May 30th - June 13th, 2018 (class is full)
Fall 2018 borderless: November 2018 (dates tbc)
MEET THE BORDERLESS 2018 SUMMER CLASS!
BACKPACKER COLLEGE (Waterloo, Ontario): The go-to destination for travelers to find affordable accommodations and great experiences in every college/university community in the world.
BUSSI (Mexico City, Mexico): The First Vanpool Platform in Latin America
LOAD-ME (Dubai, UAE): The First Transporters Market in the Middle East
MYRA MIRRORS (USA; Poland): Myra Mirrors seeks to redefine augmented reality, and change the way developers create apps for smart surfaces.
STEMN (Sydney, Australia): The Open Source Network for Science and Engineering. Cloud native developer tools for team collaboration.
How it works
- Twice a year in the summer and winter months, founders will stay under the same roof in the heart of San Francisco, learning from one another while receiving coaching from Silicon Valley thought leaders and investors.
- Participation in BORDERLESS is by invitation only and founders are required to apply.
- Founders Embassy does *not* take equity and does not invest directly into the participating companies; however, they do facilitate introductions to Silicon Valley's investor community and help founders prepare for such meetings.
- There is no fee to apply for the program, though if you are selected to participate in the program there is an associated all-inclusive program fee which includes tuition, accommodation, meals, VIP tickets to BORDERLESS SUMMIT, and all other program-related activities during the two weeks.
Who should apply?
- Early stage tech-enabled startups with a team, a Minimum Valuable Product, and some traction are the best candidates for the program. It is not required for the startup to be based outside of the U.S.; however, we do require for one of the founders to be either an international citizen or an immigrant living in the U.S. A startup should ideally already have some funding raised in their home country and be preparing to raise another VC round of funding at the moment of applying for the program.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee determining whether or not they are a good fit for the program.
Silicon Valley remains the epicenter of technological innovation worldwide and there is a mindset around startup acceleration that is unparalleled in other ecosystems. More than 1/3rd of global value creation in exits is still captured right here in Silicon Valley.* We believe that there should be tangible outcome from acceleration programs so ultimately, these entrepreneurs will leave with four things:
- An individualized blueprint to guide their growth
- A genuine understanding of the "Silicon Valley" startup mindset and ecosystem
- Coaches and mentors to break down doors in Silicon Valley and support them in their journey
- A network of likeminded entrepreneurs, Silicon Valley thought leaders and investors, and an open invitation to their "home away from home" upon return to San Francisco as a member of Founders Embassy
Every day of the 2-week program will be filled with topic-specific workshops, 1:1 mentorship sessions, guest expert discussions, and endless networking opportunities. No two BORDERLESS programs are the same. The content that goes into each program will be customized based on the challenges participating founders are facing, including but not limited to:
Financial Capital - Types of capital, how to engage with and pitch investors, why are you fundraising?
Human Capital - Hiring and maintaining talent, recruiting tips and resources, employee engagement, etc.
- Diversity - When and how to take diversity seriously at the early stages of growth.
- Social Capital - How to build and leverage your network in Silicon Valley
- Mentorship - Will you be my mentor? Tips for finding a coach, engaging with mentors, and building relationships
- Growth - Guidance through various stages of growth with respect to operations, human resources, sales
- Sales & Marketing - A rigorous sales and marketing bootcamp - how it's done in the Valley
- Banking, Legal and Immigration Services - On a case-by-case basis for companies considering relocating to Silicon Valley
THE FIRST SUMMIT designed to elevate international and immigrant entrepreneurs
JUNE 5TH, 2018
9:00AM – 7:30PM PST
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Programming will address provocative topics and challenges that the global startup community is currently facing from conversations on the current political climate and cross-border collaboration to fundraising opportunities, disruptive technologies, and emerging markets. Expect keynote stage presentations, hands-on educational workshops, interactive fireside chats, impactful networking and community building, and much more.