THE FIRST SUMMIT designed to elevate international and immigrant entrepreneurs
June 5, 2018
9:00AM - 7:30PM
The Grand Theater, San Francisco, CA
Join us as we bring together some of silicon Valley's brightest minds in the most innovative city on earth to expand your network and knowledge, multiply your partnerships, secure new funding and customers, and much more.
- 9:00AM: Guest Arrival and Networking Breakfast
- 9:45AM: Welcome Remarks
- 10:05AM: "How International Entrepreneurs Can Set Themselves Up For Investment from US Investors": Justin Kan, CEO of Atrium LTS, Founder of Twitch
- 10:35AM: BORDERLESS Summer Class Showcase #1 - Backpacker College
- 10:40AM: "Democratizing VC": Fireside Chat with Lo Toney, Founder and Managing Director, Plexo Capital and Rana Gujral, EIR/Venture Partner at F50
- 11:10AM: "Investing in International Founders: the Good, the Bad, and the Complicated": Manan Mehta (Unshackled Ventures) , Crystal Huang (GGV Capital), Ben Orthlieb (Off the Grid Ventures), Niko Bonatsos (General Catalyst)
- 11:45AM: Lunch - Mentor Lounge Networking
- 12:40PM: BORDERLESS Summer Class Showcase #2 - BUSSI
- 12:45PM: "How to Attract Customers?": Lauren Vaccarello, VP of Marketing, Box
- 1:00PM: "Establishing an International Supply Chain for Under $1,000": Leslie Vorhees Means, Co-Founder & CEO of Anomalie
- 1:15PM: "Playbook for New Market Expansion": Ali Benslimane, Head of Partnerships @ Stripe Atlas
- 1:35PM: BORDERLESS Summer Class Showcase #3 - Load-Me
- 1:45PM: "The Blockchain Means Global Equality of Opportunity": Erik Torenberg, Co-Founder of Village Global and Balaji Srinivasan, CTO at Coinbase, Founder of Earn.com, Board Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- 2:15 PM: "Avoiding Human Capital Mistakes": Neel Bhatia, Founder and President of Scala Talent
- 2:40 PM: "Urbanization and the Sharing Economy": Fireside Chat with Thomas McLoed, Co-Founder and CEO of Omni and Cat Zakrzewski, Venture Capital Reporter, WSJ
- 3:00 PM: BORDERLESS Summer Class Showcase #4 - Myra Mirrors
- 3:05PM: Networking Break
- 3:30PM: "Capital-as-a-Service: Democratizing Venture Through Data": Fireside Chat with Ashley Carroll, Partner at Social Capital and Josh Constine, Editor-at-Large, TechCrunch
- 4:00PM: "Lessons Learned in My Startup Journey": Fireside Chat with Ritu Narayan, Founder and CEO of Zum and Jess Lee, Partner at Sequoia Capital
- 4:20PM: BORDERLESS Summer Class Showcase #5 - STEMN
- 4:30PM: Fireside Chat with Robinhood Co-Founder and Co-CEO Baiju Bhatt and Josh Constine, Editor-at-Large, TechCrunch
- 5:00PM: Fireside Chat with Slava Rubin, Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer, Indiegogo
- 5:30PM: Closing Reception! Expect Some Fun Surprises!
- 7:30PM: Event Ends
SPEAKERS AND EXPERTS
MEET THE BORDERLESS 2018 SUMMER CLASS!
BACKPACKER COLLEGE (Waterloo, Ontario): The go-to destination for travelers to find affordable accommodations and great experiences in every college/university community in the world.
BUSSI (Mexico City, Mexico): The First Vanpool Platform in Latin America
LOAD-ME (Dubai, UAE): The First Transporters Market in the Middle East
MYRA MIRRORS (USA; Poland): Myra Mirrors seeks to redefine augmented reality, and change the way developers create apps for smart surfaces.
STEMN (Sydney, Australia): The Open Source Network for Science and Engineering. Cloud native developer tools for team collaboration.
There are over 582 million entrepreneurs worldwide
of all American companies valued over $1B have at least one immigrant co-founder
of global startups have at least one connection to Silicon Valley
46% of Silicon Valley Founders are immigrants
Hundreds of Silicon Valley-based founders, executives from global companies, top Bay Area venture capitalists, and international and immigrant entrepreneurs including the 15 founders that were selected from over 30 different countries to participate in a two-week intensive acceleration program, BORDERLESS.
Dozens of EXPERTS
Silicon Valley thought leaders, global industry experts, experienced founders, mentors, and executives from the Valley’s elite technology companies speaking on provocative topics in tech, sharing stories, and hosting workshops with attendees.
For sponsorship and/or press inquiries, please contact us